...and back again, possibly for the only time in the year judging by past history, to let out some steam and thoughts from within.
#HealthyWealthyWise
This is the year I get my shit together. I say this like I've been trying for years and failing - I haven't really. I've always had a gym membership, but then gone out drinking and indulged alongside my workouts. More from a I-go-to-the-gym-to-be-able-to-eat-drink-and-make-merry-with-less-guilt angle. While its been great fun, I think I've hit some sort of dramatic maturity point, where I really couldn't be bothered to go down to the pub every week and get drunk coz everyone else is. I also think its the social construct (pressure?) of being in the year where I'm turning 30, where everyone else I know is also turning 30 and reviewing their 30 things I must do before 30 lists. I never had one of those lists - I think if you make the best of whats around you, have a good time while doing it, and as long as you can go to bed happy everyday, you're good. I think we miss out on the fun things coz we are too busy making lists and ticking them off. Anyhow, I digress.
So. about this getting my shit together - I've hit this point where I'm happier after a good workout or a long run than I am on a Friday night after the pub. I want to actually do this more, actually put my energies and resources into putting good healthy food into me and less enamoured by the "indulgences" of a giant greasy meal out or a fancy bottle of wine. Is this what almost turning 30 does?
#HealthyWealthyWise
This is the year I get my shit together. I say this like I've been trying for years and failing - I haven't really. I've always had a gym membership, but then gone out drinking and indulged alongside my workouts. More from a I-go-to-the-gym-to-be-able-to-eat-drink-and-make-merry-with-less-guilt angle. While its been great fun, I think I've hit some sort of dramatic maturity point, where I really couldn't be bothered to go down to the pub every week and get drunk coz everyone else is. I also think its the social construct (pressure?) of being in the year where I'm turning 30, where everyone else I know is also turning 30 and reviewing their 30 things I must do before 30 lists. I never had one of those lists - I think if you make the best of whats around you, have a good time while doing it, and as long as you can go to bed happy everyday, you're good. I think we miss out on the fun things coz we are too busy making lists and ticking them off. Anyhow, I digress.
So. about this getting my shit together - I've hit this point where I'm happier after a good workout or a long run than I am on a Friday night after the pub. I want to actually do this more, actually put my energies and resources into putting good healthy food into me and less enamoured by the "indulgences" of a giant greasy meal out or a fancy bottle of wine. Is this what almost turning 30 does?
No comments:
Post a Comment